Thursday, October 13, 2011

Daycare Field Trip: Apple Picking 06Oct2011

Our daycare took a field trip to go apple picking and I decided to play hooky from work and chaperone. Veronica and I had a lot of fun. A big yellow school bus picked us all up at the daycare. The parents were responsible for installing the car seats onto the bus. Let me just say that the seat belts on the bus were not designed for car seats, and leave it at that. After a lot of huffing and puffing, I finally got her car seat in well enough for my own (very high) safety standards. Then were were off! I took this video just as we were leaving the daycare. Veronica was SO EXCITED to be on a school bus.
And here's a photo of the two of us in the bus:
When we got to the farm, we boarded a trolley/shuttle bus that took us right to the apples that were at their ripest. Veronica and I sat with her old Toddler 1 teachers, Adrienne and Jessica. You can also see little Peter next to Jessica. Veronica was so excited about everything, check out that smile.
This is a photo I tried to take of the two of us. I cut my head off, but that smile on her face was worth it!
Picking apples: We picked Jonagold and Golden Delicious apples. They were so sweet.
Veronica in front of some Jonagolds
She could not wait to bite into her apple. This one was almost as big as her head. She managed to eat about a third of it before she dropped it.
Veronica showing an apple who's boss

I love the expression on her face and the cute little bites she was taking of the apple.
 This is Veronica with her friend Mia. They are so adorable together.
Heading back on the shuttle bus. A very happy little girl.
This is a photo showing more of her friends from daycare: Rosie, Zophia, and Peter.
On the bus on the way home, she tackled another apple and nearly polished the whole thing off by herself.
Just throwing in this last photo, which was taken the night before apple picking. Veronica was playing with Mrs. Potato Head's earrings. I figured out I could actually put them on her ears and she loved it.

1 comment:

  1. HI P & A,

    I always read your blog and love to keep up with Rocky's busy life. It is now so busy that you have to miss work to keep up with her!! She is obviously having a ball. By the look on her face she realizes that this is a very special day--school buses and Mom are not usually part of a Day Care day. She has such a funny look in her face in her post-apple pic. Sort of proud and shy at the same time that she has eaten so much of it. And the last picture is best. She is absolutely radiant. Keep blogging! You are now officially located in my blog!!

    ReplyDelete