The project that Adrian has been working on for 3 years or so opened last night. Here are a few links to articles about it.
Adrian has worked so hard on this project and, I believe, is the main reason the design, construction and restoration were so successful. They basically had to take down the facade of the building, stone by stone, haul it to a yard for storage, tear down the dilapidated building completely, build a new structure that includes a theater and dorm rooms, then reconstruct the facade and restore it to it's former glory, stone by stone. As the Project Architect, Adrian was on-site constantly, putting out the most unbelievable fires and having to deal with the theater folks (drama!) and the Boston Redevelopment Authority, and the construction company guys (needless to say, lots of different personalities with lots of different agendas), to mention only a few of the folks Adrian had to deal with. The opening was last night and there was a big party inside the theater. Veronica and I were so proud to be there with him. Marilyn Plotkins, the Theater Director, even gave him a shout out in her speech. The mayor of Boston, Tom Menino, was at the party and gave a speech as well. Everyone I talked to told me Adrian was amazing and even Adrian's boss was brimming with pride and happiness for him. We're super proud of him! I took a few photos, which I promise to post ASAP.
p.s. Veronica behaved SO WELL at the party and had a grand time dancing to the jazz band and sampling the passed hors d'oeuvres. I'm thinking she knew it was Daddy's special night.
No comments:
Post a Comment